Reclamation & Stabilization
Manatts’ Reclamation and Stabilization division recovers or stabilizes the existing pavement to help our clients save money when repairing or resurfacing a road.
Full Depth Reclamation is a pavement rehabilitation technique in which the full flexible pavement section and a predetermined portion of the underlying materials are uniformly pulverized and blended together to provide a stabilized base course.
Reclamation is a valuable tool that can:
- use existing thin layer asphalt pavement or sealcoat as improved base material for a replacement thin lift overlay or sealcoat, or
- convert gravel and crushed rock into dust free pavements.
There are three types of Stabilization:
- Mechanical stabilization is when our crew pulverizes the existing pavement or roadway only. Then it is re-compacted and graded.
- Bituminous stabilization is when our crew incorporates an asphalt emulsion binder, or asphalt binder when doing foamed asphalt, to blend with the existing HMA layer and rock base.
- Chemical stabilization is done with the incorporation of agents such as Portland Cement, Hydrated Lime, Class C Fly Ash, or Calcium Chloride. All of these are used as cementitious additives, which provide strength.
For questions, information, or bidding please contact:
office: 641-522-9206 Ext. 207